Not only is it important to have your boiler regularly serviced, it’s also vital to ensure that the heating system itself is properly maintained.
Corrosion of the radiators over a period of time can cause a breakdown in the metals, leading to what is known as ‘black sludge’. This sludge has a negative effect on the system. It dramatically shortens the life of many heating system components.
There are several ways to clean the system out of this sludge. But obviously, prevention is better than solution. We offer a free diagnosis with our boiler service plan whereby we assess the condition of the heating system water and check the levels of inhibitor in the system. Attending several of our last boiler services on ‘new build’ houses, it’s become apparent that the system hasn’t contained any inhibitor whatsoever. This is a sure fire way of speeding up the corrosion process.
We only use top brands, by far the best inhibitor out there is Adey’s MC1+
This product has many benefits:-
- Prevents the generation of black sludge
- Treats up to 125 litres per dose
- Reduces component failure and call out costs
- Maintains room temperature comfort levels
- Prevents cold spots in radiators
- Helps maintain system efficiency and reduce fuel bills
- Protects all metals and alloys in heating systems
- Suitable for all water types
Get in touch to get your boiler serviced on one of our service plans for £5/month. We’ll then check your heating system free of charge whilst there and can advise on the condition of the system water.
Drop us an email at:-
email@example.com or call us on 01793 467666